Refresh the property, the property had an existing garden which was in serious need of redevelopment. Design and construct a fresh new landscape which creates effective useable outdoor rooms, provides good screening and privacy with seasonal interest.
• Create outdoor rooms.
• Effectively link the front and rear gardens.
• Design an incorporate an exterior heat source to make the space usable for longer.
• To maximise the outdoor living space we constructed a hardwood deck off the house. The deck is constructed at the same height as the floor of the house to maximise the indoor outdoor flow and optimise the use of the new area.
• A custom built gas fire was also constructed in this space to provide the required heat source for long enjoyable nights of entertaining.
• To finish this new outdoor room we have also constructed a Louvre roof over the deck and fire which will provide shade, waterproofing and the final enclosure to create a fantastic space.
• The main deck area is surrounded with lush green planting which softens the area to make it warm and inviting. This planting continues to the back half of the garden providing the link along the path between front and back gardens.
• The planting used on this landscape is relatively formal with the use of buxus and Camellia hedges around the main deck which provide the necessary screening and directional flow through the property as well as autumn/winter flowering. Spring flowering and privacy is achieved with the stunning michelia lemon fragrant which is under planted with lush green star jasmine which will provide summer flowering and fragrance.